Safely Distribute Your Content to a Universe of Web Sites.
Get Paid for Every View. Track the Lifecycle of Your Creative Works.
For as long as publishers have been creating fresh content, others have wanted to reuse and republish that content (with attribution of course). Why should every publisher cover the same story when the facts are the same and the interest is universal? Why not allow your brilliant editorial to shine on many pages? Why not extract new revenue from a resource you’ve invested time and money in?
Big publishers have been syndicating their content for generations—well before the World Wide Web. But the business of syndicating content has been remarkably arcane and fraught with anxiety and endless negotiation. And it has continued to be largely confined to big publishers and big websites.
In a world where there are tens of millions of websites, even the most distant voice in the wilderness can have something meaningful to report to the wider world. Likewise, the Web makes it possible for big publishers to push their content deeper into those millions of smaller sites—and feel comfortable about doing so.
iCopyright believes that publishers large and small have much to gain from taking the sludge out of the syndication business, and we are bringing content syndication out of the dark ages and into the light. We have made a few tweaks to the same high-powered syndication and licensing services that we offer big publishers who enjoy IT staff support and have unleashed these services as a packaged tool for the three leading open-source content management systems. Our WordPress plug-in, Drupal module, and Joomla extensions are available now and installable with just a few clicks and no IT expertise.
We call these modules the “all-in-one money-making tool” and you’ll find more details on our web site at www.icopyright.com. With this combination of plug-and-play article tools plus syndication, we are creating a new kind of marketplace where big and small publishers can come together, creating what we call “Long Tail Syndication.”
What makes this different from other online content syndication services that have come (and in many cases fallen) before? Here are just a few:
· The originating (upstream) publisher sets a CPM price for each view. iCopyright keeps track of every view and manages the accounting between upstream and downstream publishers.
· All syndicated content is distributed with iCopyright’s patent-pending article tools that are linked to the licensing services of the originating publisher.
· Smaller publishers don’t need to learn the arcane art of licensing and syndication to get started.
· Bigger publishers can quickly and easily establish syndication agreements with many smaller publishers.
· You never lose track of where your content goes. Not only can iCopyright track authorized syndicated uses, our Discovery service can locate those that are unauthorized, protecting the value of your syndication business.
We hope you’ll join our network!